Want to see our homesteading hacks in action? Drop by our youtube channel or check out our brand new video course:
Both raw beginners and gardeners who already boast a green thumb will benefit from this course’s focus on hands-on techniques used to boost the quality of your soil on the small scale. Contents include:
- Compost – why and how to buy or make and use the very best, including compost worms and black soldier flies
- No-till organic gardening – keep the fertility cycling in your soil with chemical-free, no-till techniques likes solarization and kill mulches
- Biochar – learn when charcoal boosts your soil and when it’s a fairy tale as well as how to turn waste wood ashes into biochar
- Hugelkultur – use rotting wood for long-term soil improvement to please fungally-associated plants
- Cover crops – grow easy ground covers that build soil, attract pollinators, lower weeding pressure, and much more
Each video tells the how as well as the why to help you follow along easily at home. In addition, printable fact sheets can come with you into the garden as a quick reminder of each step.
1 hour. Available on Udemy.